Flowers.ie - Privacy Statement
For further information Choose from one of the following options:
Flowers.ie - Privacy Statement
- Introduction to the Privacy Statement for - www.Flowers.ie
- Who is Flowers.ie
- Your Rights
- The Information we collect
- Card Payment
- Uses made of the information we collect
- Direct Marketing & How to opt out of Marketing communications
- Transfers of your Personal Information Abroad
- Site Security and how we protect your personal data
- What are 'Cookies'
- Privacy Statement Updates
- Contact Us
Introduction to the Privacy Statement for - www.Flowers.ie
At Flowers.ie, your privacy is very important to us and we want to assure you that we take the confidentiality and security of your personal data very seriously. Flowers.ie refers to Springdrop Ltd T/A Flowers.ie, a company registered in Ireland.
We do welcome communication from our users and will endeavour to alter or change these policies to suit you the user. That said, we are constrained by the data protection rights that appertain to you and to all of our users, so do please bear with us if we find ourselves asking you to prove that you are who you say you are, as it is entirely inappropriate to discuss the business of one client with another, which can often be an issue in the sending and receiving of flowers.
If you have any questions or concerns that are not adequately answered by the information provided here, or if you wish to have us amend or delete data we have on our system that relates to you personally, then you will find various ways to contact us in the ‘contact us’ section at the end
Who is Flowers.ie
The website atwww.Flowers.ie(“Flowers.ie") is owned by Springdrop Ltd, usually referred to in this document as, Flowers.ie or "we/us". For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988 and the subsequent Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003, the data controller in respect of the Website is Springdrop Ltd. Flowers.ie is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website and complying with all applicable laws in the use of the information we collect about you.
This statement (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. All of the ways in which you can communicate with us are contained in the Contact us section
We have a legal obligation to ensure that the personal information we have in our systems about you is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by informing us of any changes to your personal information.
Subject Access Request.
If you have any questions or concerns that are not adequately answered by the information provided here, or if you wish to have us amend or delete data we have on our system that relates to you personally, or if you have any concerns whatsoever about the data we maintain about you, you have a legal right to submit what is referred to as asubject access request(‘SAR’).
You can send an SAR to:customer.service@Flowers.ie or by post to Flowers.ie Unit 24, Fashion City, Dublin 24, D24 N29Kthe ‘contact us’ section at the end of this document.
Additional right in relation to your personal data
The policies throughout this document are our determined intention to do the very best we can and to state firmly our intention to be as open as possible. We do welcome communication from our users and will endeavour to alter or change these policies to suit you the user. That said, we are constrained by the data protection rights that appertain to you and to all of our users, so do please bear with us if we find ourselves asking you to prove that you are who you say you are, as it is entirely inappropriate to discuss the business of one client with another, which can often be an issue in the sending and receiving of flowers. You may have the following additional rights, detailed below.
- Right to Erasure (also known as "the Right to be Forgotten"): For a limited list of reasons, you may request that your personal data is removed from our systems.
- Right to Restrict: For a limited list of reasons, you may request that we cease using or that we suppress your personal data.
- Right to Object: You may object to our use of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: Where we use your personal data based on your consent or to enter or perform a contract with you, and our processing is carried out by automated means, you may request that any personal data you have provided us be transmitted to you or to another supplier (to the extent feasible). Please note that if we erase all information about you and you make a future purchase or otherwise become a future customer, then we will not be aware of your prior requests or objections. Although, an SAR should, ideally, be submitted in writing, you will find all other methods of communicating with us are detailed in
- In respect of the additional rights outlined above, we request that you contact us via the Contact Details contact usand we will provide you with additional information regarding your rights in connection with your specific request.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. the Supervisory Authority is The Data Protection Commission, see website www.dataprotection.ie for details.
The Information we collect
We collect personal data from you whenever you interact with our Websites, including when you make purchases, when you browse our Websites, when you use our services or when you sign up to receive any of our services. When providing personal data to us through a form, we indicate which personal data is optional. Please note that, when collection of personal data is required or necessary either as needed for us to fulfil your order or based on legal obligation and you elect not to provide the personal data, we may not be able to accept or fulfil your order.
The types of personal data that we will collect, store, maintain or process includes the following. (Note: We provide further details regarding the use of the personal data in the section of this document headedUses made of the information we collect.)
Types of Data collected:
Personal data you provide when you purchase from us
Your contact details you provide when placing your order, including name, title, billing address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
Recipient and delivery details you provide when placing your order, including name, address, contact telephone numbers, delivery instructions and email address
The occasions for which you purchase our goods and services such as birthdays and anniversaries
Any personal data contained within the card message (e.g., names and birthdays) Details associated with the products you order
When you make a purchase, your payment card details (in accordance with payment card industry standards)
Your communication and marketing preferences including delivery updates and notifications Additional Personal Data provided through the "My Account" feature
Customer title, name, preferred name, telephone number and type, email address, email address type and postal address
Recipient title, name, preferred name, telephone number, email address and postal address Any stored payment card details (in accordance with payment card industry standards)
Gift card balance details
Stored delivery instructions including any preferred florists Additional Personal Data obtained when you use our Websites
Details of your online browsing activities on our Websites such as the pages visited and the parts of the Websites used Details of the type of device used to access our Websites (device screen size, device type), your device IP address, and your device location, browser information and the preferred language to display our Websites
Additional Personal Data obtained through contact with us
Details of your interaction with emails that we send you
including links that you click and emails that you open
If contact occurs between us, we will keep a record of that correspondence, including your name and contact data, and details of your customer care issues or other concerns and our responses (including any recorded telephone calls)
Our Websites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 and our terms and conditions require that a person be 18 or older when placing an order with us. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 18, please notify us at the information provided inContact us
Our online card payments are processed very securely on our behalf by, Shopify. . Flowers.ie does not collect or retain financial information. Although you may pay us using your various cards, that process is not carried out on our website. Instead, you are transferred momentarily through secure connections to the card clearance site of Shopify who actually carry out the financial transaction between you and Flowers.ie. Shopify then automatically clears your card details from our system. We have no access to that data and hold only the information that the transaction is either approved/declined.
Even if you telephone your order, our sales person will only input your card number directly to Shopify and will make no permanent record of your card details. For data protection or queries relating to transactions in relation to your personal cards you must first contact your card issuer.
Uses made of the information we collect
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your order:
- To process your order
- To process payment including payment authorisation via payment card, cheque, gift card or other third party payment processor
- To carry out identity verification and fraud prevention checks when purchasing with a payment card and validating personal data you provide via a third party payment processor
- To provide data to any third party supplier or vendor who may fulfil your order on our behalf
- To provide order confirmation, delivery status notifications on any order placed with us
For customer care purposes:
- To address any customer care issues that occur either with respect to a product or service, delivery, or a complaint or enquiry that you or your recipient raise with us
- To contact you with any changes, cancellation or other issues with your order
- To manage any registered accounts you have through the Websites
- To obtain customer feedback with respect to an order either from you or your recipient (to the extent permitted under the applicable law
NOTE: Please note that you will receive communications with respect to fulfilling your order or for customer care purposes even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications. This communication could be from Customer Care, the Flowers.ie florist, the courier or from a 3rdparty supplier fulfilling your order.
For marketing purposes (including personalisation):
- To keep you up-to-date with new products and services that we think will be of interest to you
- To provide you with promotional offers
- To personalise your experience with Flowers.ie by providing information on products, services, news and updates tailored specifically to you through insights we have from the data you have provided to us
- To provide personalised marketing to you based on insights we have gained from the data you have provided to us (e.g. your purchasing history, the occasions you have purchased for and the frequency you have purchased from us)
Notify you of competitions and prize draw offers to enable you to enter and to notify you of any wins
If you use our Website and you have agreed to accept cookies, then you may receive personalised advertisements of our products and services when browsing other Websites using the same computer or device you used to view our Website. This marketing is enabled through the cookies collecting data of your online browsing behaviour.
By using our Websites you will also receive personalised online advertising when browsing other websites using the same computer or device you used to view our Websites. Online advertising isenabled through the cookies collecting data of your online browsing behaviour. These cookies are operated either by Flowers.ie or by a third party and the online advertising is provided through a third party.
Please note that we use search engine advertising programmes e.g. Facebook, Google Adwords and other advertising platforms to serve online advertising. If you are a registered user with these types of advertising platforms, we will use your email address or other contact information, in an encrypted format, to match with your profile on these advertising platforms so that we can provide you with personalised online advertising on these advertising platforms to find other registered users (known as "lookalikes") of these advertising platforms that share similar interests to you based on information we have observed about you from your interactions with our Websites the information these advertising platforms hold about you.
Please note that the online advertising outlined above is subject to the privacy choices you have made on these advertising platforms.
For internal business purposes:
We will use any of the personal data collected to help us to understand how many people interact with our Websites, how well the Websites are working and to consider any improvements we may need to make to the Websites to improve your online experience. It also helps us determine what products and services you are interested in and what you or other customers might wish to purchase from us in future.
More specifically, we may use your personal data for the following internal business purposes:
- To analyse your browsing and purchasing activity on our Websites, including any search terms you may have entered into our Websites
- To analyse the demographic data we collect when you place your order or otherwise use our Websites including your title, address, IP address, browser type, and occasions for which you purchase flowers in order to offer you better products and services and improve our business
- To analyse customers shopping with us to understand our target audience for the purposes of selecting similar customers for advertising purposes
- To analyse delivery location data you provide when placing your order to understand the delivery logistics required for our delivery network
- To analyse your responses to our marketing communications
- To ensure our online content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your electronic device(s) i.e. tailored for a desktop computer, tablet, iPhone, Android or voice ordering systems (e.g. Amazon Alexa)
- To obtain customer feedback with respect to an order either from you or your recipient (to the extent permitted under the applicable law) to determine the quality of the customer or recipient experience and to improve customer care experiences
- To develop and provide new or improved products or services
- To confirm your identity, as necessary
- To comply with any legal obligation for the purposes of good governance or regulatory guidance with respect to applicable law
With respect to any legal claims or related guidance by our advisors
With respect to any mergers or acquisitions or other business or legal affairs as further described in Clause 9.
Direct Marketing & How to opt out of Marketing communications
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you from time to time (by e-mail, mail, telephone, SMS or other means) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new or existing customer, and where you permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by e-mail, mail, telephone, SMS or other means.
If you would like to opt-out of Flowers.ie contacting you for marketing purposes, you can do so at any time by e-mailing us atcustomer.service@Flowers.ie. However, once you have consented to the transfer of your personal information to a third party, you must follow the optout/modify procedures provided for by such third party, to optout/modify your personal information contained in such third party's database.
You have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time. We will address your opt out request as soon as possible, but no longer than one month from the date we receive your request.
You may opt out of marketing communications or change your preferences with respect to marketing communications by:
Unsubscribing from emails using the unsubscribe link which can be found in all marketing emails
Unsubscribing from SMS messaging by texting "STOP" to the number included in the SMS message
Updating your preferences within your "My Account"
Contacting us via the contact information provided in this'contact us'section
Transfers of your Personal Information Abroad
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Site Security and how we protect your personal data
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, the security of our system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date data storage and security techniques are used to protect the personal information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the personal information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this personal information. The personal information is held on a secure online server utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) standard.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy rights, and to ensuring that your personal data is safe and secure.
We use administrative, organisational, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data. Our security controls are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised alteration, access, disclosure, and use. We regularly test our Websites, data centres, systems, and other assets for security vulnerabilities. In addition, at a minimum, our safeguards involve appropriate technical and organisational measures including, but not limited to, encryption services, review of our data collection, storage and processing practices (including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems), scenario planning and crisis management protocols to ensure we are able to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents, regular penetration testing of systems, security controls to protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access, and internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
What are 'Cookies'
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which is a small file stored on your browser. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser to prevent this happening - guidance for which is set out below. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of our Website visitors. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the Website.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. Your browser can be modified to not accept cookies - guidance for which is provided in the paragraph below.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' from the 'tools' menu, then click 'security', followed by 'custom level' and select 'disable cookies'). For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you enter our sitewww.flowers.ieyou will be offered the choice of accepting our cookies or amending the cookies we use to your own choice or even to reject all of our cookies
Cookies essential for placing your order Cookies for analytics
Cookies for marketing
Privacy Statement Updates
We are always happy to help with any questions you may have and we have appointed a Data Protection Officer whose role is to inform and advise us about data protection and to ensure that we remain compliant with data protection laws. The Data Protection Officer should be your first point of contact if you have any queries or concerns about personal data. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Email:email@example.com, Mark your email, ‘Attention Data Protection Officer’. Post: Data Protection Officer Flowers.ie, Unit 24 Fashion City, Dublin 24, D24 N29KIreland,
As well as the above there are a few ways for you to get in touch with us here at Flowers.ie. If you would like to speak to a member of the Flowers.ie team, please call us on 01 5311186.
email us oncustomer.service@Flowers.ie. Typically we respond within a working day. You can also send us a whatsapp on +353 86 773 8000 (message only)
from outside Ireland or from a mobile then dial +353 1 5311186. Calls are answered during normal
office hours Irish time. You can
Or you can write to us at Flowers.ie,
Unit 24 Fashion City Dublin 24